But regardless of the name, here's the scoop:
- The race will adhere, as much as possible, to a non-commercial ethos. I'm not in this to make money, or to make money for anyone else. Any potential entry fees will simply cover necessary costs like insurance, etc.
- This race will be about having fun. Therefore, I will work with the BLM to guarantee that the race is fully legal, 'cause getting ticketed isn't fun.
- COPMOBA and the BLM deserve huge kudos for establishing the Kokopelli Trail, so this race will honor them in some fashion (TBD).
- The first race will occur in 2012.
- I will establish a site that provides more details in the next few months.
- I welcome input and suggestions, especially the positive and creative variety!